My name is Bre`Orcasitas and I began Vital Balance with the intent of offering valuable services to the fire community. I was an employee of the Forest Service for 11 years and I left with one purpose in mind; to reach the greatest amount of people possible in a profound and impactful way.
My main goal while working for the USFS was to expand my knowledge base as widely as I could so that I would have a better understanding of the big picture.
Here is a snapshot of my career while in the agency:
- Engine Crewmember
- IHC Crewmember
- MTDC Heat Stress Study-Field Team Member
- Limited time in Dispatch
- Cadre for multiple courses
- Crewboss/Cadre/Logistics for the apprenticeship program (WFAP)
- CISM trained
- Greening Fire Team Member
- Short-term projects in the Regional Office (R6)
- Facilitated Learning Analysis (FLA) Team Member
- Taskforce member for a Critical Incident Forest Plan revision
- Co-Author of the rewrite for the National Catering Contract *Specifically regarding fireline sack lunches
- Family Liaison during the 2015 fire season (Twisp River)
- Author of several briefing papers and the USFS Toolkit resource guide
When pairing my diversified fire/agency experience with the time and energy I’ve put into educating myself on the effects of trauma, I believe it all equates to being uniquely qualified to reach every facet of our fire community in a relatable and effective manner.
I left a job that I love in order to fill the gap and be the person to commit my time and effort to the betterment of our fire family. Let’s get to work!